About SHERI BETEL, M.S.W., R.S.W.
Helping others has become my career and passion in life.
My psychotherapy education includes:
- Masters of Social Work from McGill University 1992
- Bachelor of Social Work from McMaster University 1989
- Bachelor of Psychology from McMaster University 1989
My therapy registrations include:
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers since 2000
- Ontario Association of Social Workers since 2004
My psychotherapy training includes:
- Intensive Sex Therapy Training Program at University of Guelph 2011
- Brief Therapy Intensive Training at Hincks-Dellcrest Centre – Gail Appel Institute 1994
Recent psychotherapy workshops I have attended:
- On intimacy – Sex, Intimacy and Headaches 2003; Transforming Love and Attachment in Couple Relationships: the Power of Emotionally Focused; Therapy 2007; The Triple Flame: Negotiating Attachment Security, Intimacy, and Sexuality in Couple Relationships 2010; The New Rules of Marriage 2011; Rethinking Couples Therapy: A Radical Approach to Sex, Love, and Infidelity 2012
- On attachment – Attachment and the Brain 2003; Facilitating Attachment 2008; Attachment disorders 2010
- On anxiety and depression – Engaging Clients in Cognitive Therapy for Depression 2004; Diagnosing and Treating Anxious Children and Adolescents 2007; Counselling Interventions for People Experiencing Loss and Grief 2010; Healing Shame 2010
- Other – Divorce Poison 2006, Cybercounselling 2007; Exploring and Enhancing Spirituality in Caring for Others 2011
I have been counselling families professionally since 1989, with a concentration on young children beginning in 1993. I have led and/or run many various parenting courses and groups since 1995.
Since moving into private practice in 2004, I have focused my practice in couple counselling. I enjoy working with couples of all kinds with varied issues.